Zoom F8 Multi-Track Field Recorder
The Zoom F8 Multitrack Field Recorder offers 10 tracks of recording and integrated mixing for up to 8 inputs. The F8 features high grade low-noise preamps, time-code compatibility, extensive onboard metering, and dual redundant SD/SDHC/SDXC card recording at up to 24-bit/192kHz all contained in a durable unit weighing just 2.1 pounds.
In addition to its many traditional features the Zoom F8 Field Recorder is also bluetooth enabled allowing remote using the F8 app on any iOS device.
- 8 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors
- High quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN, and +4 dB line inputs
- Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording as well as 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz/48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution
- Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm) I/O on standard BNC connectors; dropframe/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- AA battery, external DC battery, and Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter power options
- Automatic switching of power source from DC to batteries at user-defined voltage levels
- Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
- Phantom power (+48V/+24V) on every preamp
- Advanced Look-Ahead onboard limiters for input and output
- Input delay of up to 30 msec per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output
- Compatible with Zoom microphone capsules; optional extender cable enables remote positioning
- Dual mini-XLR (TA3) balanced Main Outs plus ⅛” stereo mini-jack Sub Out
- Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512 GB each
- Built-in slate mic/slate tone with front panel switch
- Usable as an 8-in/4-out USB audio interface (@ 96 kHz)
- Free Zoom F8 Control App for iOS allows wireless remote control, file renaming, and metadata entry
Why Red Star
Full-Service, 24-Hour Support
Production work happens around the clock. Red Star is there for you every minute.
We’re not talking about a “1-800” number. We will give you a direct line to one of our staff members so you can feel confident that you have everything you need to keep your production running smoothly day or night.
If You Need It, We'll Find It
If you need something outside our huge inventory, we’ll do everything we can to find it.
We’ve built a nationwide network of partners so that we can be your single source of equipment. When it comes to making sure you have the right tools for the job, we’ll move mountains so you don’t have to.