New To Red Star?
Steps to get your rental started
Rentals as easy as 1,2,3
1. Submit your order
This one’s easy. Just let us know what you need and the dates and location of your shoot. You can do this a few different ways:
- Use the website – Simply add the items you’d like to the list along with any notes or questions and hit submit. Once submitted a member of our rental staff will reach out with an official estimate.
- E-mail us – If you have a complete gear list or just have questions you can email us directly at email@example.com. Be sure to include the dates and location of your shoot!
- Give us a call – We get it, sometimes it’s easier just to talk to a human being. Let’s chat – 855.522.5272
2. Set up your account
Once you’ve submitted your order, one of our rental managers will reach out with an estimate and step you through the process of account set-up. We’ll help make sure all your ducks are in a row, but here’s a handy duck alignment checklist:
- Order Confirmation – Don’t forget to let us know your order is confirmed!
- Rental Agreement/New Customer form – Standard stuff, but let us know if you have questions. We do require a credit card on file for all new customers.
- Certificate of Insurance – Have questions? No insurance? See below!
No really, that’s it! You can rest easy knowing that you’ll have all the tools you need, where and when you need them. More than that, we’ve got your back:
Help finding crew? We can do that.
Last minute changes? No Problem.
Gear recommendations and demos? You bet.
Sourcing additional equipment? Yep.
Other local resources? You get the idea…
We’re like an impenetrable force field of friendly, expert support!
Our Gear, Your Vision.
Rental insurance can be confusing. We can help!
Already have insurance?
Great! Just send our sample cert to your insurance company and they should have everything they need to issue a certificate. If there are any questions regarding our coverage requirements you can send the following:
- Commercial General Liability:$1,000,000
- Any (or) Hired and Non-Owned Auto Liability:$1,000,000 (Only required if renting a vehicle)
- Hired Auto Physical Damage:$60,000 (Only required if renting a vehicle)
- Leased or Rented Equipment Coverage: An amount equal to or greater than the replacement value of the rented equipment. (This can be found in the bottom left box in the header of your estimate. If you haven’t finalized your list yet, we recommend $250,000 as a safe benchmark for most projects.)
- NOTE: Leased/rented equipment must be covered for special perils, including theft, in-transit, and on premises on a replacement cost basis. Red Star Pictures must be listed as loss payee as their interests may appear in leased/rented equipment. Red Star Pictures must be named as additional insured with respect to general liability coverage.
Don’t have insurance yet?
That’s okay. We recommend Athos Insurance as an excellent source of short term rental insurance. Insurance can usually be secured in one day using their online quoting system.
Still need help?
No problem. Give us a call at 855.522.5272 and one of our rental managers will be happy to answer questions or find a solution that works for you!
GET IN THE KNOW
Sign up to receive updates
Sign up to and be the first to know about new gear, upcoming events, and much more.
Select from our product list
Browse cameras, grip and production supplies and instantly add to quote.