Low Contrast Filters – 4″ x 5.65″
The Tiffen Low Contrast Filter reduces contrast by redistributing illumination from brighter to darker areas within a scene. Low contrast filters can be useful to balance the tonal range among highlights and shadows. Detail in blacks is increased, and a halation effect appears around highlights.
The low contrast filter is made using ColorCore technology, which involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding them flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch.
- Reduces contrast for photography or while recording video
- Redistributes illumination from highlights to shadows within a scene
- Helps balance the tonal range among highlights and shadows
- Increases shadow detail while creating halation effect around highlights
- 4″ x 5.65″ size (Panavision size) for use in matte boxes
Why Red Star
Camera, Lighting & Grip, Production Supplies, Trucks. We do it all.
Our team of over 40 rental technicians, agents, and repair specialists means that we have experts for every aspect of production. If you send us a message, we will connect you with the right person to help.
If You Need It, We'll Find It
If you need something outside our rental inventory, we’ll do everything we can to find it.
We’ve built a nationwide network of rental partners to make Red Star your single source for production equipment. When it comes to having the right tools for the job, we’ll move mountains so you don’t have to.